Location: New York City
Salary: $80,000 to $90,000
Our Global Legal Client employs over 2000 lawyers and more than 200 legal assistants located in 38 offices around the world. They thrive on innovation and diversity and the benefits that such qualities afford our clients and ourselves.
Assist attorneys in all phases of complex commercial real estate transactions including:
• Preparation of initial drafts of mortgages and mortgage amendments
• Preparation of UCC fixture filings
• Review of title commitments and surveys
• Communicate with title companies, clients and surveyors to resolve title issues
• Review of real estate materials in electronic data rooms as part of due diligence projects
• Communicate with local counsel throughout the country
• Request and maintain flood certification files
• Draft and review mortgage releases and UCC termination statements
• Organization and maintenance of client files throughout the pre-closing, closing and post-closing process
• Post-closing follow up including review of title policies and maintaining of recorded document files Supervisory Responsibilities: May regularly supervise support staff (secretary, copy center, word processing, legal assistant clerks, temporary legal assistants) who may be requested to assist the commercial real estate legal assistant. Supervision entails instruction and review of tasks such as assisting with the preparation of checklists, monitoring status or progress of third parties involved in the transaction, assist with the preparation of closing memoranda, etc. Additional Responsibilities: Legal assistants may on occasion be asked to participate in special projects by the legal assistant managers or attorneys. These responsibilities may include billing, interviewing, mentoring new legal assistants, legal assistant meeting presentations, participation in special projects and training demonstrations.
Five+ years of real estate legal assistant experience or equivalent experience in the real estate industry. Paralegal certificate a plus.
• Thorough knowledge of survey and title review
• Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form
• Exceptional organizational skills for managing and assisting with numerous long term and short term projects
• Good judgment and strong initiative
• Ability to coordinate multiple matters
• Ability to use Firm’s resources efficiently and effectively
• Professionalism and high ethical standards
• College degree from 4 year college or university
• Law degree (contract attorney)