Location: New York, NY
Salary: $150,000 to $200,000
Our client is a global investment management firm that has been known to achieve high quality returns by utilizing diversified portfolios and systematic quantitative strategies across financial markets. They have been known to invest in people that are driven, meticulous to ensure successful returns. Our client designs and builds their own proprietary cutting edge-systems from high performance trading platforms to large scale data analysis programs.
We are looking for a Systems & Network Performance Engineer to engage in all functions of systems evaluation, design and performance to make sure all applications run in a continuous optimized environment.
- Responsible for tuning of production and performance of systems such as storage technologies to optimize deployed solutions
- Detailed understanding of software & hardware architecture and knowledge of features on how their implementation affects product performance.
- Develop solutions, performance/monitoring tools and automation to simulate production systems to complete application and systems benchmarks.
- Use performance data analytics to gain deeper insights in the areas of capacity, support and efficiencies.
- Deep understanding of HA clusters, filesystems, grid computing, clustered and distributed files systems and logical volume manager: XFS, ZFS, ext family, LFS-HA GPFS, Lustre, LVM2 LFS, HDFS.
- Expert experience with Linux kernel and popular distributions, drivers, libraries, queues/buffers
- Strong understanding and hands on experience with storage, server and network hardware/software architecture.
- Experience in either Python or C programming
- Knowledge of performance engineering testing tools: SystemTap, ktap, visualization tools, perf-tools & tracing tools.
- In-depth knowledge of IP, UDP, TCP, congestion algorithms, Ethernet, layer 2 and 3 flow control mechanisms, PTP, routing protocols
- 7+ years in continuous infrastructure/system development and performance engineering.
- BS in Computer/Electrical Engineering, computer science or relevant experience.