Location: New York, NY
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Our client is a Private Equity firm that is aggressively expanding. They are doing very well and have grown to $38B AUM. They invest in one of the hottest areas in private equity – green renewable energy. Looking to bring on a new Accounting Manager. They have multiple 3rd party administrative operations which allows the team in NYC to focus on high level acct./finance. This person will sit in the same room as the IR, business development and investment teams and have their hands in everything including reviewing financials, forecasting/budgeting and valuating fund performance data. They need someone who isn’t a “1 trick pony”, someone whose sharp, can wear many hats, and can interact with the deal team frequently. They just moved into a brand new offices, there’s an open floor (not to mention a foosball and ping pong table in the middle of the office), the accounting team isn’t brushed aside and instead, they’re a part of the process. This is a major growth opportunity that can set you up long term, especially when it comes to compensation as the Partners here are extremely generous.
- Accounting manager reporting to controller on 3 UK entities (consolidating international entities)
- Prepare and review allocations for invoices submitted by employees/vendors, approve for payment, instruct administrator on wires (~50 invoices per month). Facilitate transition to Concur Invoice for UK entity to be on one global platform and work with fund admin.
- Transition historical data from NAV to Sage Intacct for 3 entities in GBP (pending license to Intacct)
- Transition/prepare initial uploads for 3 entities in USD in Sage Intacct
- Prepare payroll upload to be submitted to ADP (incorporating any changes), review resulting net pay, and confirm that payroll has been processed timely.
- Review monthly financials package – management reporting
- Review GBP entries prepared and booked by Sophers, on a monthly basis
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns (we use a third party to prepare)
- Process profit sharing payments between entities and partners
- Keep transfer pricing up to date
- Assist with special projects and internal ad hoc requests
- 6-14 yrs of Management Company Accounting from financial services with consolidating international entities
- (HF, PE, ssset manager, banking)
- Great Plains, NAV, Sage Intacct, Concur is a plus.