Location: New York, NY
Atlas Search is an executive recruiting firm dedicated to placing accounting, finance, middle office, tech, human resources, healthcare, clinical research, creative and office/accounting support professionals across a range of industries. We provide contingency, retained and staffing services. As a firm we invest substantial resources, including non-recruitment staff, technology and a methodical process, to ensure every recruiter we hire substantially out-performs their best year. We launched in 2015 with six employees and have grown to a staff of 51. Due to growth, our firm is looking to hire an Assistant Controller / Controller to be solely responsible for accounting and finance.
- Manage day to day accounting processes using QuickBooks including accounts payable, accounts receivable, check requests, creating invoices, etc.
- Responsible for the firms billing process, including preparing and posting journal entries
- Track collections and pay accordingly
- Analyze current accounting procedures, make recommendations and create new procedures
- Monitor firm’s cash flow
- Manage payroll processing (semi-monthly) and Time & Attendance systems.
- Manage bank transactions, bank account statements, and transfers
- Review 401(k), FSA, and Transit Center activity
- Comprehensive accounts receivable analysis
- Collections (follow up on over 90 days A/R)
- Streamline and identify process improvement opportunities
- Review tax returns for estimated payments
- Review 401(k) data transmitted
- Review 401(k) contributions and loans with HR
- Track various financial data analysis and ad hoc reporting
- Monitor & review ADP Payroll, HR & Benefits and Time & Attendance (staff clock in/out)
8 to 20 Years of accounting experience within a service industry preferably recruiting
Extensive experience with billing, invoicing and payroll
Hands on soup to nuts accounting experience
Ability to take on additional tasks and ad-hoc projects
Strong ethics and ability to be discrete in working with sensitive information