Location: New York, NY
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Our client is a growing fast Family Owned Real Estate Property company. This is an opportunity to join the accounting team as an Assistant Controller. The company is growing fast – doing a ton of acquisitions – Excellent QOL (9-5) – role is a mix of accounting, reporting, analysis, and will work on some M&A.
- Mid-level accounting and finance position within a global real estate company.
- Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and assist in the monthly preparation of the Company’s consolidated financial statements including, without limitation:
- Review various journal entries prepared by staff
- Analyze costs in comparison to prior year and budget
- Manage four accounting professionals, including their deadlines, workload, professional development, PTO requests, etc.
- Manage the Company’s annual financial audit, including the preparation of workpapers, responding to auditor requests and inquiries, delegating tasks to staff, etc.
- Review brokerage transactions for proper treatment of revenue recognition
- Oversee and assist in the preparation of the Company’s annual budget and quarterly projections
- Review cost requisitions and employee expense reports for adherence to Company policy and guidelines
- Significant interaction with the Director of Financial Reporting, Corporate Controller and Director of Finance
- Liaison with the Reporting Group
- Assist with the integration of business acquisitions onto our systems and financial reporting platforms
- Other projects as needed
- 4+ years of NYC Residential Real Estate Accounting Experience
- CPA/CPA candidate
- Candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and growing organization
- Must possess extensive knowledge of GAAP reporting and have strong analytical skills
- Polished, professional, articulate, good personalities