Location: New York, NY
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Our client is one of the nation’s largest law firms, providing a wide variety of legal services to clients throughout the United States. They are currently seeking a Billing Specialist – Client Operations on a temporary to hire basis. The Billing Specialist- Client Operations will play an integral role at this firm within the legal industry at their New York office.
- Gain the respect and confidence of partners that client relationships will be appropriately executed by demonstrating professionalism, responsiveness, and a strong work ethic
- Interface with client accounts payable departments (or other designated representatives) in a manner that demonstrates professionalism in keeping with the Firm’s values and commitment to client service
- Prepare and review monthly draft bills to include addressing billing discrepancies in advance of partner review; discussing and implementing any changes; obtaining billing authorization from the partner; and ensuring consistent adherence to client-specific guidelines
- Respond to all queries regarding time entry and/or billing; proactively contact timekeepers to review time entry protocols Obtain third-party/vendor expense back-up, and redact all client and personal information not relevant to the matter
- Participate in the collections process, resolving delinquent accounts in a timely manner according to Firm policy and escalating appropriately to Firm’s management
- Conduct client reviews verifying client/matter arrangement and information in management and reporting system
- Administer client engagement letter process, confirming letters adhere to the Firm’s standard, are issued on a timely basis, are properly signed with all appropriate schedules included, and are returned by the client
- Undergraduate degree required; some exposure to finance or accounting preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years in a related field, preferably service industry client operations
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Excel Experience dealing with demanding clients, whether internal or external to the organization
- Ability to effectively interact with personnel across different functions and levels of the organization Prior law firm billing experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Elite and/or Aderant a plus Understanding of flat fee billing a plus Understanding of electronic billing a plus