Location: Philadelphia, PA
Salary: Commensurate with experience
A 500 bed, leading magnet hospital in Philadelphia is seeking a full-time Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurse (RN) to join their growing team. The RN in this position will be able to work on 8-10 cases per day among 2 procedure rooms and will be focused on providing high-quality, patient-centered care. The hospital is seeking a driven and passionate RN that will be responsible throughout the entire cardiac procedure for sedation, the sterile field, managing the patients’ conditions and documenting all notes. 2+ years of experience working within critical and cardiac care is required.
- Assist physicians with patient assessments and communicates continuously about patient condition
- Address the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment
- Assess procedure room or equipment functioning and readiness
- Responsible throughout the cardiac procedure for sedation procedure, sterile field, ACLS management, documentation, etc.
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, registered nurses (RN), and ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction
- Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients and their loved ones through safety intervention, emotional support, and education
- Obtain supplies for individual cases and ensure all appropriate needs of the Cardiovascular Laboratory team are met
- Monitor physiologic and hemodynamic data, as related to diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures performed in the cardiovascular lab
- Provide education, follow-up services, in-service training, and other related services as necessary to nurses, physicians, and are responsible for supporting Invasive and Non-Invasive Hemodynamic Monitoring
- 2+ years of Cath Lab experience
- Nursing Degree from an accredited program
- Pennsylvania RN license (will accept temp licenses)
- Exper Hemodynamic and Cerner experience a plus
- Must be able to see 8-10 cases per day, in 2 procedure rooms for 10-hour shifts
- We will accept travel RNs for this position!