Location: Brooklyn, New York
About the Opportunity
A growing urgent care organization with multiple centers is seeking full-time Certified Medical Assistants and/or Certified Phlebotomists starting immediately. Their staff focuses on providing excellent patient-centered care, teamwork, and there is room for clinical growth. Orientation and shadowing are provided before starting and there is strong leadership in place, overseeing all their centers.
- Obtain vital signs, height, weight, and document information into EMR.
- Perform phlebotomy and complete appropriate laboratory forms.
- Accurately labels specimens with patient data.
- Perform EKGs and conduct tests such as Urinalysis, Rapid Strep/Flu, Finger Stick, etc.
- Assist in procedures including the setup and processing of equipment.
- Discharge patients from rooms with after-care instructions.
- Ensure patient flow is speedy and organized.
- Take inventory supplies, replenish supplies when received.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant or Phlebotomy program
- Certification as a Medical Assistant or Phlebotomist
- 1+ year of experience in a similar fast-paced, high-volume setting
- Ability to work effectively with a team and independently