Location: New York, New York
Salary: $40.00 - $43.00/hr
About the Opportunity
A non-profit organization in NYC is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse to oversee the medical care management of youth in a Residential Facility. The RN will promote and restore the health of residents in family foster care and provide physical and psychological support while working with an interdisciplinary team. An ideal candidate will be passionate about working with this population. Bilingual in English and Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Identify client care needs by establishing a comprehensive assessment of the health needs of children in care through direct means of interaction and in conjunction with the medical home staff and treatment team.
- Establish care for children in a Residential Facility that will address current and future health care needs.
- Act as a liaison between multiple providers in the provision of health services.
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support.
- Promote client and family independence by establishing goals/education for conditions, medications, and self-care.
- Document client care services by charting in patient and department records; on-going auditing of medical records to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Assist and support children in receiving special services such as early intervention and waiver services.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship among the health care team by communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport, participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- NYS RN License & BLS Certification
- Pediatric and mental health experience preferred
- Commitment to work from a strength-based and/or youth development and trauma-informed perspective