Location: New York, NY
Salary: $60,000 to $70,000 Base + Discretionary Bonus
Our Client is a multinational commodities trading firm that has made a name for themselves in the space.
- Junior Customs Compliance Specialist will assist the Compliance Team in ensuring that the firm complies with laws and regulations related to imports and exports, including, but not limited to duty drawback, NAFTA and other applicable free trade (FT) agreements, Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT), and other areas.
- Tasks may include, but are not limited to: organizing supporting documentation for duty drawback filings; entering and processing duty drawback payments; regulatory research; organizing data for compliance purposes; fielding compliance-related questions; drafting and assisting compliance training and presentations.
- Junior Customs Compliance Specialist will also assist in other compliance-related projects as needed.
- An ideal candidate would have an interest and desire to continue to grow in the compliance function within the commodities industry.
- The role will interact with all aspects of the firm and provide opportunities to grow within the compliance function.
- 0-3 years of experience within a global customs compliance capacity
- Familiarity with basic customs regulations
- BA degree
- Strong critical thinker with an interest in commodities markets