Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Salary: With Experience
A top national consulting firm in Downtown Pittsburgh is seeking a consultant to support the business. In this role you will provide user support, computer setup, assisting with network and infrastructure maintenance and additional technology request as needed. If you enjoy working with your hands, picking up tools to make and fix things, then this is the job for you!
- Must be comfortable dealing with all levels of the organization and provide an extremely professional impression.
- Provide a high level of customer service while supporting case teams and office based staff in a fast-paced environment. Supporting includes, but is not limited to, laptops (Mac/Windows), desktops (Mac/Windows), and smartphones.
- Assist with the management of local technology in order to increase reliability, security, interoperability, effectiveness of customer work while reducing costs.
- Assist in preparing and deploying laptops for staff, including configuration and imaging of laptops
- Support a variety of operating systems and applications
- Assist with on-site technical support at special events, including, but not limited to staff meetings and customer meetings, etc.
- Communicate frequently with end users as well as with local, regional, and global support teams with regard to the status of their issue
- Maintain configurations of all notebook and desktop computer systems
- Assist with the documentation and updating technology related instructions/procedures/knowledge articles as required
- Troubleshoot video conference and telecommunications systems
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ year experience in a similar role
- Experience troubleshooting Macs, Windows 10, Office Suite
- Ability to diagnose problems and provide solutions and/or escalate to the appropriate expertise area.
- Basic skills in the following areas: Macs, PC/laptop hardware, software, telecommunications, mobile devices, networking, and server administration
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Ability to lift and carry objects, such as equipment and furniture; basic tool use