Location: Midtown Manhattan
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About the Opportunity: A reputable CPA firm
- Process full cycle semi-monthly multi-state payroll for 200+ US exempt and non-exempt employees
- Update employee records with necessary changes related to earnings, benefits deductions, garnishments, tax jurisdictions
- Calculate and enter payments/benefit deductions to reflect changes for new hires, terms, transfers
- Process time sheets, payments and benefits
- Validate and reconcile payroll reports prior to transmission
- Prepare wire forms for payroll funding
- Perform quarter adjustments to correct reportable wages for federal and state quarterly tax returns
- Contribute to month-end/quarter-end close process through preparing journal entries, processing invoices, and other information related to payroll accounting
- Complete employee’s inquiries related to paycheck, company pay policies, benefits
- Assist with various projects including year-end preparation, annual audits, updating payroll procedures and other relevant documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (or similar field) preferred.
- 5+ years of functional experience with payroll processing and accounting knowledge
- Must have experience in processing tax returns, 1099’s, 941’s
- Understanding of accounting principles.
- Must be proficient in ADP.
- Willingness and temperament to work for a high energy team.