Location: New York, NY
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Our client is a major private equity fund that has been around for 20+ years. Due to growth and the launching of a new Private Equity Credit fund this year they are looking to add a Tax Manager to the team. Known for a great working environment, tremendous benefits/perks with lots of room for advancement.
- Assist in management of external tax service providers to ensure accurate and timely delivery of tax compliance and reporting outputs
- Preparation of supporting schedules to assist external accounting firms with the preparation of tax estimates, schedule K-1s, and tax returns.
- Analyze and review book-tax M1 adjustments, partnership agreements, and partners’ tax allocations, including tax waterfalls
- Assist in review of quarterly and yearly tax estimates including annual K-1s and tax returns for the fund vehicles and GP carry vehicles
- Coordinate and interact with external tax service providers to review and analyze portfolio companies including (i) U.S. partnerships and corporations performing business in multiple states and foreign jurisdictions and (ii) passive foreign investment companies (PFICs) and controlled foreign corporations (CFCs)
- Assist with tax research and planning for acquisitions, dispositions, and reorganizations relating to foreign and domestic investments
- Prepare foreign partner US tax withholding calculations prior to applicable distributions
- Respond to requests for information between the various groups within the organization such as investor relations, marketing, finance, and legal
- Review and assist in resolution of federal, state and local tax notices
- Assist in preparation of fund (partnership) level corporate provision calculations for financial statement reporting purposes
- Calculate & coordinate tax payments/refunds for federal and state income tax reporting/withholding with finance teams
- Tracking/scoping of legal entities and maintenance of annual tax calendar to ensure completion of all relevant filings
- Assist in managing internal tax documentation
- Special projects and research assignments
- 5-12 years
- CPA++. MST is a plus.
- Partnership Tax required. Corporate tax would be a plus.
- Highly Analytical, good with excel