Location: New York, NY
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Preeminent capital markets investment bank, recognized for its strengths in the equity and fixed income capital markets, its global distribution model, and for its expanding presence as the leading independent middle market investment bank serving the marketplace with investment banking services, prime brokerage, and commercial real estate financing.
This key position is for the Product Control team. Located in Midtown Manhattan, this role is responsible for providing Profit & Loss / Valuation oversight of the institutional businesses, and for developing and maintaining the required control processes.
- Review and report Profit and loss from trading activities, and evaluate the accuracy of trader supplied valuations. This includes calculating and analyzing P&L, and explaining P&L movements.
- Provide daily net revenue inputs to the management reporting group.
- Month end actual vs reported review and reconciliation
- Liaise closely with multiple groups such as Operations, Technology, and Market Risk to resolve issues.
- Responsible for the proper accounting treatment of trading activity including preparing/posting journal entries and performing the month end general ledger accounting close
- Support process and system improvements through leading and participating in various project initiatives.
- Understand the process flows from front end systems to subledger into the General Ledger
- Ensure Compliance with Internal / external audit and regulatory requirements
- Provide ad-hoc reporting to senior management, and look to identify and develop other relevant management information (MI).
- Perform month end duties to ensure the general ledger is correct and the team as a whole complete all month end tasks within the necessary time frames.
- 1 to 5 years of experience in Product Control or commensurate Finance/Accounting experience.
- Proven ability to rationalize and re-engineer complex, interlinked, spreadsheet based processes.