Location: New York, New York
About the Opportunity
A major NYC Hospital network is starting swab testing for patients already housed at hotels as part of the Test and Trace program for COVID19. We are looking for RNs both weekdays and weekends for day shifts 8am – 4pm and afternoon shifts from 12pm – 8pm. This position will start immediately to help in pandemic relief efforts across NYC.
Proper PPE will be given for testing and the position will entail swabbing patients and properly processing the specimens for testing.
- Gather all equipment and supplies needed to perform swab testing
- Greet participants upon entrance to the swab collection area
- Introduce yourself and explain the process and test collection procedure
- Verify patient identifiers and specimen label by asking the participant name and DOB
- Perform swab testing and label specimen and place in the biohazard bag
- Place requisition in the front pocket of biohazard bag along with second label facing up to facilitate scanning into EMR
- Place specimen in the refrigerator for storage until ready for accessioning and batching
- NYS RN License
- Ability to work full-time hours and start ASAP
- 1+ year of RN experience in any setting