Location: Washington DC
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Our client is seeking a driven junior-level research associate to support the Head of Research, along with the firm’s Senior Executives. The ideal candidate has strong data management and analytical skills, and a passion for financial markets.
- Provide broad support to key senior executives:
- Research and prepare presentations for internal and external investor meetings and conferences;
- Analyze proprietary economic and financial data to develop “house” views on the likely direction of asset prices and the global economy;
- Research and analyze financial data and macroeconomic data;
- Develop and compose written material related to industry and macroeconomic trends; and
- Collaborate across various global and domestic departments within the firm to lead and support special projects.
- Work closely with senior executives, providing research and assistance with special projects.
- Provide support to the firm’s Investor Relations function:
- Develop presentations for meetings with existing and prospective investors;
- Assist with the development and preparation of marketing materials for new funds; and
- Assist with the creation of written materials related to industry and macroeconomic trends.
- Provide support to the firm’s corporate private equity, real estate, and credit investment committees;
- Assist with development of content and themes for various firm marketing materials, including the firm’s Annual Report and Corporate Citizenship Report;
- Provide presentation support for the firm’s semi-annual investor and leadership conferences.
- Other reasonably assigned duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree required with a GPA of 3.5 or higher. Concentration in business, economics, finance or statistics preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a finance-oriented research/writing role required
- Extensive experience using a statistical programming language (R, S-Plus, SAS, Matlab, Quantum, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A creative, constructive, and resourceful collaborator a must
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision with strong follow-through skills
- Ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)