Location: New York, NY
Salary: Commensurate with experience
One of the top private equity funds in the world just launched a new fund in the credit space and is looking to build out their accounting team. Located in Midtown Manhattan, they are looking to bring on a Senior Accountant with experience in CLO/CDO’s. The hours here are phenomenal (9-6), and the team is extremely close-knit. This position has tremendous upside, and the Senior Associate will have exposure to a ton of different things.
Responsible for the review and approval of month end accounting records from internal portfolio management system, including cash, interest accruals and positions, CLO distributions, management and incentive fee and expenses for 20+ US and European CLOs and Capitalized Management Vehicle (“CMV”)
- Review and approval of CLO closing flow of funds, quarterly waterfall calculations and investor letters
- Develop analytical reports to monitor NAV movements and changes in account balances to ensure the Trial Balances are properly stated
- Review of monthly portfolio valuation, cash, positions reconciliations prepared by the Operations team
- Preparation and analysis of performance reports and other reporting for management team, marketing team and portfolio managers
- Identify areas for process improvement, developing solutions, and overseeing the prioritization and implementation of those solutions.
- Responsible for the preparation of capital calls, quarterly investor statements, Financial Statements and timely completion of audit (as required for the CMV and consolidated CLOs)
- Provide corporate accounting department with regular reporting of revenues, AUM and performance
- Maintain various CLO/CMV metrics with an emphasis on reviewing and creating metrics to identify problems and provide support to management team
- Coordination with marketing, performance reporting team, budget team, internal audit and tax department for various reporting
- 1-4 Years of External Audit Experience (From a Big 8 CPA Firm) or Fund Accounting Required
- Credit Fund Experience Required