Location: New York, New York
Salary: $725 - $1,000 per day
About the Opportunity
Our client is a privately held financial, software, data, and media company in New York. They are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer Consultant that will work across various aspects of the software stack and quickly get up to speed with unfamiliar codebases. They will work alongside the production team to upgrade tools, databases, and legacy codes to make sure they are able to modernize and scale the systems. This is a contract position, with the possibility of becoming permanent.
- Troubleshoot code across various files and libraries
- Update existing projects to comply with best practices
- Work productively with the Scrum team
- Proactively collaborate when questions or problems block progress
- Provide ideas on how to better solve categories of problems across many projects
- Develop and integrate OMS (Order Management Systems) and EMS (Execution Management Systems) systems to their platform. This platform integrates with Hedge Funds so they can look at trade/portfolio analytics.
- The initiative to migrate old code (Some written in Fortran) to more modern C++ code as well as moving their platform over to a Linux Operating System.
- Experience with compounding language, ideally C++ but open to C, Python, Java, C# or Scala.
- Collaborating with team members to find the best solution/way to go about a problem is mandatory. Must be comfortable asking for other people’s opinions or ideas if they run into an issue or else a small problem can turn into a big problem in due time.
- Must be solution-oriented – be proactive and try to find a solution for problems that come up.
- 5+ years of experience programming in C, C++, or another compiled language
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of programming on Linux or Unix
Nice To Have
- Previous Order Management System (OMS) experience
- Experience in large-scale project migrations
- Experience working on open source projects