Location: New York, NY
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Extremely prestigious Family office located in Midtown Manhattan. Well known throughout the community – family is worth over $10B. Excellent culture and hours looking for a see all do all accountant to join the team.
The Accountant will assist the Controller and the Accounting Team in providing accurate and timely accounting records which will be used for both financial and tax reporting.
Job Description :
- Maintain general ledgers for individuals, trusts, partnerships and foundations
- Analyze transactions and determine accounting entries required
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Perform bank reconciliations and other monthly reconciliations
- Reconcile stock positions and trades to custody/brokerage statements and to the general ledger
- Reconciliation of yearly tax forms to general ledger
- Maintain the expense management system database, including creation of new employees, terminations, etc.
- Maintain General Ledger (create subaccounts, e-bank set-up, etc.)
- Prepare various Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Financial reports
- Prepare Budgets for multiple entities on a monthly basis
- Special Projects and other duties as assigned
- Tax experience at a public accounting firm with a diversified experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel