Location: Chicago, IL
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About the Opportunity: A growing private wealth management trust business located in Chicago. Their parent company is a full-service investment bank specializing in M&A advisory, debt and equity financing, credit products, trading, hedging, and research.
- Review, analyze, and interpret issues related to compliance with applicable OCC regulations, relating to trust companies and general fiduciary regulations, including 12 CFR Part 9 (commonly referred to as Reg 9).
- Develop, coordinate, and execute various compliance testing and monitoring initiatives related to the aforementioned regulations, including but not limited to overdrafts, uninvested cash, affiliated holdings, and annual account reviews
- Use existing systems to ensure that compliance policies and procedures are being adhered to for all client accounts
- Develop and maintain the trust company’s policies and procedures manual and draft new policies and procedures as needed
- Prepare and review reporting on testing and oversight results for the CCO, including the monthly Fed Dashboard and the quarterly CCO Report, and assist in department planning as needed
- Participate in committee meetings related to fiduciary matters, including Discretionary Actions Committee, Risk Management Committee and Trust Committee
- Act as SOX/Maintenance Officer for the trust company to update ICR, as needed, and review and update RCM controls and risk ratings, as needed
- Provide advice and guidance to the line of business, as needed, on fiduciary related questions/issues
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned, including participation in regulatory and audit exams
- Strong knowledge of trust and general fiduciary laws and regulations.
- 3-5 years of trust company and/or fiduciary compliance and risk management experience.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and follow-up on key issues in a timely manner.