Location: Merrick, New York
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Our client is a public accounting firm based out of Merrick, Long Island. They are currently seeking a Tax Senior Associate with experience in individual, corporate and partnership tax. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with preparing and reviewing complex tax returns (1040’s,1120s,1065,1041 and 709). Additionally, the candidate should have a working knowledge of research techniques in CCH, BNA, and RIA. Potential candidates must be available to work onsite and start immediately, as this is a consulting opportunity.
- Understand the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA.
- Progress professionally by working toward passing the CPA exam as soon as possible.
- Interact with clients for compliance and consulting services.
- Supervise, develop and train tax staff.
- Work closely with the partners.
- Have a working knowledge of pertinent IRC sections and regulations.
- Have a working knowledge of research techniques including CCH, BNA and RIA.
- Be proficient in the preparation of corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary and other tax returns prepared by the firm.
- Be responsible for the completion of tax returns assigned to them with minimal supervision.
- Have enough accounting skills to adjust client submitted accounting information.
- BA/BS degree in accounting and/or advanced MS degree in taxation from an accredited college/university. CPA preferred.
- 5 – 8 years of tax preparation experience in a small to medium firm.
- Experience and/or willingness to work in a paperless environment.
- Familiarity with ProSystem FX a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word and QuickBooks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work well under pressure and within a team environment while being able to meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and exercise professional judgment while applying the proficiency of a trained accountant