About the Opportunity
Our client is a fast-growing fragrance and beauty company with a diverse portfolio of licensed and proprietary brands. They are in search of an Accounting Manager to report to their Chief Accounting Officer in New York City. The individual in this role will be responsible for the daily operations of several accounting functions, including A/R, A/P, general ledger maintenance, revenue, asset accounting, as well as associated analysis and reporting. The successful candidate will be eager to learn and play an instrumental role in helping the company reach their strategic objectives.
The base pay for this position is $50 to $65 per hour. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Participate in month-end close, responsible for the preparation of various detailed analysis including accrual of customer discounts and allowances, accrual of retail broker commissions, royalty accrual, etc.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including actual vs. plan reporting and analysis
- Responsible for ongoing management of chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger
- Manage A/R – including new customer set-up process in Net Suite, design of credit review process, daily invoicing in Net Suite, generate monthly statements and communicate with customers any past-due balances
- Prepare and submit weekly Borrowing Base Certificate (BBC)
- Quarterly royalty reporting to licensors
- Assist in designing, implementing, maintaining and supervising accounting policies and procedures; and assist in internal control and process documentation
- Assist with year-end audit and quarterly field exams related to asset based line of credit
- Ad-hoc projects as needed to support Finance Department
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Excellent excel skills and proficient working with Net Suite
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment, with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness