About the Opportunity
Our client is a leading medical facility dedicated to delivering exceptional critical care services to their patients. They are committed to providing the highest quality of care and are seeking an experienced ICU Nurse Practitioner to join their team of skilled healthcare professionals. As an ICU Nurse Practitioner, you will play a crucial role in delivering advanced and compassionate care to critically ill patients.
The annual base salary range is $100,000 to $140,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of critically ill patients, including physical examinations, medical histories, and diagnostic tests to formulate accurate diagnoses and treatment plans
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, including ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, prescribing medications, and monitoring patient progress
- Provide advanced life support measures, including intubation, mechanical ventilation, and hemodynamic support, while ensuring patient safety and comfort.
- Maintain effective communication with patients, families, and the healthcare team to provide updates on patient status, discuss treatment options, and facilitate decision-making
- Perform procedures such as central line placement, arterial line insertion, and chest tube management as needed for patient care
- Educate patients and families about their conditions, treatment options, and post-discharge care plans to promote understanding and cooperation
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals, including physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, and pharmacists, to optimize patient care and outcomes
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of patient assessments, interventions, and treatment plans in the electronic medical record (EMR) system
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives, research projects, and evidence-based practice to enhance the quality of care provided in the ICU
- Be prepared to respond to emergencies and provide critical care interventions during codes and rapid response situations
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in Nursing with certification as a Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Current state licensure as a Nurse Practitioner with a focus on acute care or critical care
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience in an ICU or critical care setting
- Strong clinical assessment and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions in high-stress situations