About the Opportunity
A nationally-acclaimed non-for-profit organization known for its dedication in providing social services to New York’s homeless population is currently seeking Career Counselors for their Veteran Programs. This team of licensed professionals work to empower these individuals by offering housing, workforce development, and health services that will ultimately help them get back on their own two feet. Bachelor level social workers with experience in case management and workforce development are encouraged to apply. Full-time hours available.
This is a temporary contract position and a temp-to-perm opportunity.
- Manage your own case load and ensure active engagement of participants. enrolled in the program.
- Develop and implement effective client engagement strategies.
- Complete employment and educational assessments on all participants.
- Ensure that assessments and service plans are updated.
- Identify and refer participants to job training programs.
- Assist participants in developing a job readiness portfolio (Resume and cover letter).
- Work closely with Employment Specialists.
- Respond to job leads within required timeframes.
- Identify and refer participants for matching positions.
- Assist participants in conducting independent job search.
- Identify new job leads as needed and make direct referrals to employers.
- Provide job retention and follow up services to all employed participants.
- Access community resources to aide participants in their job search.
- Participate in case conferencing sessions with the case management team.
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work or related field required (Psych, Human Services, Sociology, Public Health, ect)
- Knowledge in workforce development and service delivery preferred
- Experience working with individuals in mental health/substance abuse recover preferred