About the Opportunity
We are partnered with one of the leading absolute return and hedge fund managers with over 20 years of experience overseeing assets on behalf of institutional investors from around the world. They are searching for Network Engineers to join their team in New York City.
This is an excellent contract-to-hire opportunity with a pay range of $70 – $75 an hour. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Maintain data, voice or video network hardware and systems; investigates and resolves network and hardware matters of significance; research, analyzes, isolates, and resolves errors; assesses and updates older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
- Effectively deal with tickets and incidents passed on from the service desk.
- Provide technical support on data, voice, or video networks for internal and/or external customers; answers technical questions; recommends and implements an approved course of action. Provides technical leadership for data or voice network problem escalation and resolution.
- Design, deploy and manage a corporate enterprise and executive office environment that is growing at an unprecedented pace.
- Architect points of presence for peering and internet connectivity in data centers across the world
- Manage and develop key supplier & vendor relationships
- Provide escalation path for fault resolution, talking directly to end users, suppliers, and other teams within the organization
- Proactive & reactive network monitoring and management, fault resolution, capacity planning, security, patching, maintenance.
- Working on a mix of projects to include, but not limited to Data Center, Branch Offices, video, and telephony – produce high quality documentation for network designs and processes.
- Deliver simple, scalable solutions and processes that improve the users experience
- Minimum 5 years experience of supporting a global network, delivering complete end-to-end connectivity
- Experience working in a financial background is preferred but not necessary
- CCNP preferred, Minimum CCNA
- Site to Site VPNs on various devices (Inc IOS)
- Thorough knowledge of various routing protocols: BGP, OSPF & EIGRP, Cisco ISE & 802.1x, Multicast, Cloud Networking (AWS preferred)
- Familiar with Cisco product range, Palo Alto, SDWAN, Cisco DNAC & SDA, Cisco Call Manager/Collaboration, Automation (Python/Ansible/Terraform), SSL Decryption