About the Opportunity
Our client is a leading healthcare provider in Westchester County, New York. They are in search of a Registered Nurse to manage the patient/family experience through utilization of critical thinking, teamwork, effective communication, and nursing judgment/knowledge/skills. The right individual in this role will be experienced in acute care/Emergency Room nursing.
The annual base salary range is $70,000 to $100,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Be responsible for the delivery of age appropriate care for assigned patients with a wide variety of medical conditions
- Perform delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing nursing care activities for population served
- Perform patient assessments
- Develop a realistic, comprehensive patient family education plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and provides patient/family health education and coaching
- Complete accurate and timely documentation, including, but not limited to, the processing of physician orders, in accordance with policies and procedures
- Monitor and evaluate delivery of nursing care given by team members based on patient needs and professional judgement
- Collaborate with physicians and other health care professionals regarding all aspects of patient care
- Participate in training to understand and perform patient care
- Complete training as required; seek assistance and ask questions as needed to learn and understand role
- Currently licensed in the State of New York to practice as a Registered Nurse
- At least 6 months of previous experience in ER nursing is preferred