About the Opportunity
A renowned outpatient facility is looking for Licensed Practical Nurses for their Bronx and Manhattan shelters. This facility provides healthcare services to homeless and formerly homeless individuals all throughout New York City. The LPN will oversee and lead a program, manage medications, and manage other aspects associated with the program (documentation, communication, and program coordination).
The base pay range for this position is $33.34 to $37.27 per hour. The actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based on geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of the offer. This is a temp-to-perm role; you can gain access to company benefits, paid time off, and more!
- Escort patients to their healthcare appointments
- Monitor, document, and report patient health data
- Communicate with external providers for patient information and compile in concise report
- Administer injections and medications
- Deliver support/education to clients through counseling/educational group sessions
- Prioritize patient-centered care/employ a harm reduction approach in patient interactions
- Manage office equipment and ensure there’s an adequate stock of supplies
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and conferences
- (LPN) Licensed Practical Nurse – New York State Licensure
- Prior experience working with people who have experienced mental illness/homelessness
- Bilingual Spanish preferred but not required