About the Opportunity
Our client is a progressive AM Law 100 firm located in Manhattan and they are looking to hire a Litigation Paralegal. They have clientele from startups to large public corporations within tech and life sciences sectors. This is a true paralegal position that sits on the litigation team, and patent experience is highly preferred. They offer a hybrid schedule and a generous benefits package. This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic firm and work with a team of talented individuals!
The annual base salary for this role is $90,000-$120,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Assist attorneys with propounding and responding to discovery (interrogatories, requests for admissions, and request for production, subpoenas, and preparing deposition binders) and motions (preparation of any supporting documents and exhibits, and preparing hearing binders)
- Manage trial preparation including coordination of witnesses and travel, trial exhibits, charts, trial notebook, subpoenas, and page lines
- Independently obtain, review and organize medical records/medical billings, calculate damages including medical expenses, lost wages and property damage
- Work as part of a team with all levels of experiences
- Routine communications with clients and attorneys about case status and preparation
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Litigation Paralegal
- Paralegal certification is a plus
- Huge plus if you have been to trial
- Solid understanding of civil litigation (state and federal deadlines and rules)
- High proficiency in MS Suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to think and act independently and with minimal supervision