About the Opportunity
A renowned outpatient facility is looking for Licensed Practical Nurses for their Bronx and Manhattan shelters. This facility provides healthcare services to homeless and formerly homeless individuals all throughout New York City. The LPN will oversee and lead a program, manage medications, and manage other aspects associated with the program (documentation, communication, and program coordination).
The base pay range for this position is $33.34 to $37.27 per hour. The actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based on geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of the offer. This is a temp-to-perm role; you can gain access to company benefits, paid time off, and more!
- Escort patients to their healthcare appointments
- Monitor, document, and report patient health data
- Communicate with external providers for patient information and compile it all in one place
- Administer injections and medications
- Deliver support and education to clients through one-on-one counseling and educational group sessions
- Prioritize patient-centered care and employ a harm reduction approach in all patient interactions
- Manage office equipment and ensure there’s an adequate stock of supplies
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and conferences
- LPN License
- Prior experience working with people who have experienced mental illness or homelessness
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required