About the Opportunity
We are working with one of the largest asset managers in Japan, with offices worldwide. They are actively looking to hire a Loan Operations Analyst to join their team in New York for a contract opportunity.
The pay range for this position is $28 to $32 per hour. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Capture credit related transactions and payments in ATLAS. Maintain operational ledgers and files of various forms in accordance with the Bank’s policy
- Handle domestic loan administrative work (funding arrangement, preparing Information Sheets, processing payment, etc.) based on the instructions received from agent banks and/or Lending front office on routine matters. Verifiy that these instructions are in compliance with the terms set by the binding agreement
- Process assigned non-routine loan activities such as purchases, refinancing, amendment, termination and sale. Establish new customers and facilities in Loantel/Nicotel, ATLAS, and Loan Management Systems, as necessary
- Monitor and apply incoming fees and interest payments. Investigate cash discrepancies associated with the responsible accounts. Claim compensation when necessary and follow up on reconcilement file
- Ensure that all cash movements are properly recorded on Cash Position Sheet and reported to Funds Transfer and other relevant departments according to the procedure. Conduct daily nostro reconcilement
- Prepare various Information Sheets, tickets and confirmation forms for JCF transactions based on written instructions once deal is established
- Handle back-office operations for bonds acquired by Lending Group. This includes: capturing new bond products in Loantel and ATLAS systems, processing purchase, sale, redemption and coupon payments as well as timely funding of floating bonds
- Prepare various reports as requested by the supervisors
- Report irregularities to the Supervisor(s) and/or Department Manager on a timely basis
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- High school diploma.
- 2+ years of experience in either banking operations or bookkeeping
- Basic accounting knowledge and good mathematical aptitude
- Proficiency with PC in business-related applications
- Good communication skills