About the Opportunity
Our client is an esteemed learning center and they are seeking an NYS Certified Teacher to work with intellectually disabled children ages 5-11. Your main responsibilities will be to plan individualized education programs for each child using various techniques and strategies to meet their needs and to communicate with their families as you monitor, observe, and evaluate their progress as well as any adjustments made to the treatment plan.
The base pay for this position is $30 to $35 per hour. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer. This is a temp-to-perm role; you can gain access to company benefits, paid-time off, and more!
- Prepare and set up for assigned classes using lesson plans with clear objectives
- Instruct students in all developmental areas using a variety of techniques to reinforce learning and to meet students varying learning styles
- Confer with families and team members to discuss progress and areas of need to develop individual education plans
- Observe and evaluate students, reporting the results in report form to determine students’ strengths and areas of need
- Represent the agency at the committee on Preschool Special Education meetings at school districts to review educational and related service recommendations as part of the committee
- Maintain accurate and complete student and educational records
- Supervise classroom-assigned teacher aides and teacher assistants
- Assist with bus loading and unloading and toileting needs
- Use computers, audio-visual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement classroom presentations
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Special Education
- New York State Teacher Certification in Special Education, Students with Disabilities