About the Opportunity
Our client is a top alternative asset manager and they are seeking an Analyst to join their Compensation Accounting team. The group’s responsibilities include accounting, allocating, planning, reporting and administration of salary, bonus and equity-based compensation to employees of the firm. They are currently on a hybrid model of 2-3 days a week in the office.
The annual base salary range is $80,000 to $100,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- This role is accountable for recording majority of monthly compensation entries via PeopleSoft’s General Ledger. This includes payroll, stock amortization and compensation-based accruals.
- Lead day-to-day coordination and monitoring related to deferred compensation plans between vendors, brokers and internal partners
- Responsible for quarterly equity plan requirements including share deliveries, dividends and retention
- Create equity holding/history reports in aggregate and at the individual participant level when needed
- Ensure participant share data is accurate across all relevant platforms
- Assist with employee equity-based compensation queries
- Facilitate compensation related fund reimbursement process including fund invoicing, journal entries and fund inquiry resolution
- Review, analyze and assist with quarterly analysis for the earnings release and 10Q/K
- Ensure compensation recorded in the general ledger reconciles and is accurately reflected in the financial statements for the firm and are SOX compliant
- Preparation of footnote disclosures
- Validating financials statement support and compliance with SEC reporting
- Assisting with annual Compensation, Discussion and Analysis section of our 10K filings
- Additional responsibilities include assistance with 401K audit, broker dealer allocations, share count reporting and incentive business reporting
- 2+ years of public or private accounting experience
- CPA or equivalent, strong U.S. GAAP and technical accounting expertise preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, strong knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with OneStream and PeopleSoft a plus
- Highly analytical with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to resolve internal differences and observe confidentiality.