About the Opportunity
Our client is a growing consulting firm in the data and life sciences space with 5 business units and over 200 employees globally. They are looking for a Controller who can be a hands-on, proactive and a strategic partner as this business continues to grow. This role will have the opportunity to grow into the CFO, as they currently have a part time CFO/Consultant. They have recently brought on an HR Manager and Part-time Assistant Controller to help with payroll and other administrative tasks so that this role can focus on the higher level analysis, such as building forecasts and p&ls. The position will work with the business units on their budgets and forecasts, and work with the President on financials, where things stand, headcount and how to plan for the growth they are experiencing. It will also handle the GL & month end close. They are currently operating at 1 day per week in office.
The annual base salary range is $120,000 to $150,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Prepare month end accounts in a timely manner
- Hold monthly meetings with Business Unit heads to discuss performance to date against budget
- Update cashflow twice per month before each payroll to ensure there is sufficient cash available
- Ensure the completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Budgeting, forecasting and analysis
- Contribute to company financial strategy and decision-making process
- Ensure robust financial systems and processes are in place.
- Oversee tax and compliance
- Develop forecasting models (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow)
- Work with Business Unit heads to prepare 2024 budget
- Update the accounting software from Deltek/Access in 2024
- CPA Qualified and highly experienced in a professional services environment
- Experience of accounting in countries outside of the US is desirable
- Experience with Deltek and Access is desirable
- Excellent communicator, with both internal and external colleagues at all levels
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations, alongside the capacity to drive through key business changes
- Strong business acumen and understanding of financial issues