About the Opportunity
Our client is an award-winning healthcare program in New York City and they are looking for a Psychiatrist to diagnose and treat mental illnesses. The top responsibilities of a Psychiatrist include discussing with patients and observing their behaviors to identify mental disorders, determining treatments and prescribing medications. To be considered for this role, you need to be licensed as a Psychiatrist and certified from the American Board of Medical Specialists (ABMS). Ultimately, you will help patients recover and improve their lives!
The annual base salary range is $200,000 to $215,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Review patients’ medical history and collect additional information from family members and psychologists as needed
- Evaluate patients’ emotional, behavioral and mental state through discussion, observation and analysis
- Identify mental disorders and determine best treatments
- Develop therapy plans
- Prescribe medications
- Analyze medical tests and track patients’ progress
- Coordinate with healthcare professionals when hospitalization is required
- Advise patients on how to cope with mental diseases and emotional breakdowns
- Support patients’ loved ones and inform them about the patient’s condition
- Research medical issues and new medical treatments to update your knowledge on mental healthcare
- Must be a Board Eligible or Board-Certified Psychiatrist
- Active New York State License