About the Opportunity
Our client is an established FinTech firm seeking a driven and innovative Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). The right individual for the role will join a small, agile team that is creating the future of investment management and trading software. You’ll be an all-hands-on-deck, whatever-it-takes contributor to their Infrastructure team. You’ll work closely with upper management to develop, implement, and maintain cloud infrastructure and tools for the firm’s next generation platform and internal systems.
The annual base salary range is $110,000 to $140,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Development and maintenance of the firm’s tech infrastructure, including the SaaS platform and internal infrastructure
- Typical day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Using AWS and Terraform to create infrastructure for new SaaS clients. This includes creating infrastructure using existing modules as well as creating new modules to meet the changing requirements of the firm’s application.
- Working with 3rd party vendors. This includes creating VPNs (often IPSec and possibly other kinds), PrivateLinks, or DirectConnect/CrossConnects, configuring them to work with the vendor, and integrating them into the firm’s wider network ecosystem so they can be used by clients
- Monitoring all existing infrastructure for issues, and troubleshooting issues as they appear
- Developing and monitoring the firm’s complex internal production network, including routers, firewalls, etc.
- Helping maintain and improve internal and non-production systems (such as QA environments). This includes managing miscellaneous setting changes or building small tools to help the team use these systems effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related)
- 3+ years in DevOps, Infrastructure, or a similar role
- Extensive experience with AWS
- Strong knowledge of Terraform
- Knowledge of IP networking concepts, understanding of layer 1/2/3 separation
- Experience building and maintaining VPNs/Cross Connects/Other private connectivity systems
- Strong familiarity with Windows Java or C#/.Net ecosystems