About the Opportunity
Our client is a labor union in Queens that is seeking an experienced and seasoned IT professional to join their team! As their System Administrator, you will report to the Manager of Systems Engineering under general supervision. This is a full-time, on-site position with potential to adapt to hybrid after initial assessment.
The annual base salary is $105,000 – $107,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Install, maintain, and upgrade Windows servers and components
- Support technical aspects of business applications that run on Windows servers
- Create scripts to push applications to desktop and server environments, and to automate patching and other functions
- Assist in patching and testing applications
- Configure and maintain servers, both virtual and physical, to a standard highly secure configuration
- Conduct ongoing research into new security methods and supported protocols for hardening of Windows systems
- Manage and maintain documentation for configurations and inventory of servers
- Review and modify GPOs as directed
- Maintain application and hardware life cycle for Windows servers
- Respond to application-specific tickets and assist in problem resolution
- Actively monitor security problems and react to ongoing threats
- Maintain Windows server as part of a disaster recovery plan
- Manage backup schedule, integrity, and coverage for Windows server
- Assist in uptime and maintenance of the Microsoft Exchange environment
- Create and modify file shares and permissions
- Review logs for suspicious activity to flag incidents for further investigation
- Assist in incident investigation and escalation
- Assist desktop team when needed and ensure adherence to company IT policies
- Respond to audit requests for system-specific configuration questions
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred. A combination of education, experience, and relevant certifications may be considered
- At least 3-5 years of experience with Windows-based servers, Active Directory and Exchange.
- At least two years of experience with Big Fix or other patch management and scripting tools to write scripts to automate patching, application deployment, and other functions; experience with BigFix client “Relevance” preferred.
- Experience with power shell (required), other scripting languages a plus (vbscript, Java, Python, C++, etc.)
- Experience managing virtual servers required; experience with hyperconverged infrastructure systems a plus.
- Ability to work with third party vendors to upgrade and patch supported applications following best practices.
- Technical Certifications such as MS Azure Administrator Associate, Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate, MCSE, CompTIA Server+, VMware Certified Professional, Big Fix Platform 10 Professional, NCA, NCP
- Experience in MS O365 and Azure preferred