About the Opportunity
Our client is a prominent investment and tech development firm with a strong global presence and international acclaim. They are a market-leading owner and operator of renewable energy projects throughout the United States. The firm is in search of a resourceful and highly motivated individual to head its Tax group in New York City. As part of a small, inclusive, and highly skilled team, this role supports the company’s portfolio of wind and solar energy projects within a fast-paced environment that values collaboration, thoughtful problem-solving, and attention to detail.
The annual base salary range is $140,000 to $180,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Oversee and manage the tax function for existing and new renewable projects across the U.S., as well as corporate entities
- Be a liaison to cross-functionally both internally and with external advisors to formulate, analyze, monitor, and implement strategy, compliance, and finance management for direct and indirect taxes.
- Engage in tax modeling and various forms of federal, state, and local tax, accounting, management, and investor reporting, including tax filing review, taxable income forecasting, partnership accounting, hypothetical liquidation at book value (HLBV) modeling, yield tracking, deferred taxation (ASC 740), and budget vs. actual analysis.
- Liaise with U.S.- and India-based deal team members, asset managers, treasury, affiliates’ tax teams, external consultants, and tax authorities for various tax-related matters.
- Coordinate on key tax items across the company and focusing on initiatives related to establishing, standardizing, optimizing, and documenting tax processes, workflows, and controls
- 6 – 12 years of experience with renewable energy tax and partnership concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree
- An MBA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Tax LLM, or similar certification are all pluses but are not required
- In-depth knowledge of tax equity structures and taxability of pass-through entities (including tax allocations for complex tiered partnership structures) is required for this role
- Knowledge of financial principles and experience with complex transactions are pluses.
- Experience building and/or reviewing complex tax models in Excel
- Ability to lead and collaborate with teams located in different time zones and jurisdictions