About the Opportunity
Our client is a holding company in New York City with multiple entities that range from brokerage, media and storage businesses. They are seeking an experienced Controller to join their organization in managing a team involved with accounting, variance analysis and audit management. As the Controller, you will play a vital role in overseeing all financial activities, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial records, and providing strategic financial guidance to the company. The role reports to the SVP Finance and manages two direct reports. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. CPA and NetSuite experience required.
The annual base salary range is $145,000 to $175,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and payroll
- Ensure the accurate and timely recording of financial transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and company policies
- Perform financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Lead execution and improvements of the month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of established internal control over financial reporting as it relates to the month-end accounting close process and escalate control issues to senior management
- Evaluate current systems and implement improvements as necessary to automate transaction processing and routine tasks
- Work cross-functionally on strategic company projects/initiatives and apply critical thinking to provide solutions that drive company performance
- Respond to internal and external audit requests, as well as to any ad hoc requests from senior leadership
- Guide other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy and applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a must
- At least 10+ years of experience in accounting with a mix of eCommerce and financial services industry experience
- Experience with NetSuite, Expensify, and BILL required
- Strong Excel skills and confidence handling large volumes of data