About the Opportunity
Our client is a growing California-based technology platform that helps companies manage equity, build business and invest in the future. They are in search of a Head of Venture Capital Tax to operate as the internal visionary and subject matter tax expert to revolutionize the way that taxes get done in the VC space. Trusted by over 30,000 companies and 5,000 funds, there’s an enormous opportunity to expand their offerings to these firms to include full service (and automated) tax prep and filing. This is a hybrid opportunity for either of their offices in San Francisco or New York.
The annual base salary range is $200,000 to $250,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Own, drive, and be the visionary behind the company’s new venture capital tax offering
- Through partnership with product and engineering, transform the LP experience with K-1s that are released and automated on our software platform
- Intimately understand the health and needs of the company’s venture client ecosystem, and use this knowledge to prioritize their growth plans and improve customer engagement and loyalty
- Hire and lead a team of talented tax professionals that will service their VC client base as the business scales
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders and organizations to drive growth of the business
- 10+ years of alternative investment tax experience
- Passionate and knowledgeable about venture capital: you intimately understand the pressures facing our clients and are ready to roll up your sleeves
- Experience building, leading, and growing an organization
- Organized and calm under pressure, you are able to manage competing demands on your time, whilst persevering to solve ambiguous problems
- Ability to work cross functionally and drive progress forward
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills