About the Opportunity
An established and highly regarded, boutique, litigation law firm actively seeks a self-motivated, innovative Controller with a strong background in the legal industry. The Controller will have a demonstrated track record of success throughout their career and an entrepreneurial mindset. The Controller reports to the Management Committee and supervises an Accounting team of six. The Controller is responsible for providing sound business advice based on accurate and timely budgeting, forecasting, reporting, analysis, firm billing and accounting system, and control of the P&L and Balance Sheet. The in office schedule is hybrid.
The annual base salary range is $150,000 to $180,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Cash flow management
- Financial reporting
- Analysis of results versus budget
- Oversight of Firm production
- Management of ProLaw billing and accounting system
- Management of accounting department, including processes and procedures
- Internal Controls
- Maintain focus on continuous improvement through researching and sourcing innovative, efficient, cost-effective business solutions by looking beyond the status quo.
- Banking relationships including covenant compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Finance and Accounting, 7 years of which were at a senior level in a midsize firm
- Proven track record as a high-performing and proactive self-starter who can accomplish personal, group and company objectives on-time and within budget
- Strategic, with experience developing and implementing short and long-term plans for business growth
- Able to integrate, collaborate, and communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of the organization
- Ability to foster positive relationships both internally and externally as well as build trust and credibility
- Team builder with a focus on accountability, empowerment, and creativity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Must have extensive ProLaw experience