About the Opportunity
Our client is one of the country’s largest law firms, providing a wide variety of legal services to clients throughout the United States and around the world. The Senior Business Analyst will serve as part of an integral team to improve the Firm’s business processes and solve business problems.
- Perform business, data and functional analysis and document business requirements, business rules, process flows, data diagrams, data maps and data definitions based on business needs
- Lead reviews of cross functional business processes and assist in developing optimized and documented processes
- Understand “as is” and “to be” business processes, help analyze gaps, and provide recommended solutions which advance business capabilities
- Lead gathering and documenting of requirements in way to ensure the end solution meets the requestors “needs” versus “wants”
- Contribute as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with knowledge in assigned business areas; both current state and opportunities to improve
- Effectively collaborate and coordinate between IT, business and other functions to ensure the delivery of solutions that solve the needs of the Firm
- Partner with technology to “translate” the business requirements into technical requirements
- Partner with business teams in creating User Acceptance Test plans and serve as a liaison between technical and business teams when conducting the testing
- 7+ of proven work experience as a Business Analyst or similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area or equivalent work experience
- Proven real world business analysis skills. Business Analysis certification is a plus.
- Practical experience designing and documenting business processes and sub-processes.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, customer service, change management, communication, problem solving, process re-engineering, presentation and organizational skills
- Acute attention to detail and quality, driven with the ability to self-manage
- Experience working with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proven ability to develop and document business requirements, process flows, data maps, data definitions, policies and procedures
- Ability to document requirements in both traditional and agile formats depending on the methodology defined for a given project