About the Opportunity
We are partnered with an independent financial services firm with several offices around the globe. Their Information Technology team in New York City is currently seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst to act as the primary liaison between IT and the business to ensure business requirements are captured and delivered as part of the technical solution. The person in this role will be collaborating with business stakeholders to define and document business requirements and work with technical staff to develop solution alternatives. This role provides a unique opportunity to work with a team of diverse and talented technology and business professionals on projects across the firm for business, corporate, and IT stakeholders.
The annual base salary range is $150,000 to $210,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Obtain a deep understanding of relevant business areas to be able to recommend solutions, build high quality requirements, and provide strategic advice for business process efficiencies and technical solutions
- Assists with project application implementations including software selection, planning, data conversion, application configuration, process workflow analysis, enhancements, quality assurance, requirements documentation, user acceptance testing, training and ongoing production support
- Acts as primary liaison between IT and the business on assigned projects to ensure business requirements are captured and delivered as part of the technical solution
- Lead the analysis, elicit and document requirements, perform current state, gap and future state analysis and participate in design activities
- Lead and/or participate in the Project Management process, understand and apply the system development methodology, contribute to project deliverables including project timelines, critical path, status reports, and project risk identification and mitigation. Communicate status, business impacts and system changes to team members, business partners, management, and other interested parties; coordinate change management, issues, tracking and resolution
- Manage and/or participate in testing activities for project assignments; provide guidance for testing strategies, scope and scenarios; and contribute to the overall management of project and risk plans
- Consult with management and personnel to identify impacts and project needs to successfully meet all defined business goals and objectives identified during budget planning and throughout the year
- Able to thoroughly create and document complex functional user flows
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years of experience at a Financial Services firm
- Experience working on System Integration/Implementation Projects
- Experience working on Data Manipulation/Analysis in Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree needed. Masters, a plus