About the Opportunity
Our client is a publicly-traded mortgage REIT that is growing very quickly. They also own several subsidiary companies and have over a dozen joint ventures across the US. They’re in search of a Tax Manager who is interested in having a seat at the table and forming relationships across the different divisions. This will be the 3rd person on the tax team and this role has visibility with a lot of opportunities for growth and advancement. The compliance is largely outsourced, and this role will focus more on provision and exposure to M&A transactions and modeling. The Director is great, down to Earth, and comes from a public accounting background. She has been with the company for 5 years and has been promoted 3x since being here. Compensation here will be very competitive and large bonuses which are based on personal performance.
The annual base salary range is $120,000 to $145,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Prepare interim and annual income tax provisions, including supporting workpapers.
- Prepare quarterly and annual REIT tests.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with external tax advisors regarding U.S. federal and SALT tax compliance, including Forms 1120-REIT, 1120, 1065, and consolidated returns. Prepare federal tax workpapers to be used in the preparation of income tax returns.
- Manage tax extension payments and quarterly estimates.
- Provide support for tax audits and respond to notices and inquiries from various taxing jurisdictions
- Collaborate with internal accounting, business, and legal teams for ad-hoc requests
- Assist with other income tax related projects, including REIT planning and restructuring
- 4+ years in public accounting, Big 4/CPA or Industry; In office experience preferred
- Experience with tax provisions and corporate tax compliance. REIT specific experience not required
- Strong technical knowledge related to the preparation of US federal and state income tax returns
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and tax preparation software