About the Opportunity
A multi-specialty group practice based in New York is currently seeking Claims Specialist for their White Plains location. Medical Admins/Billers looking to create great advancements in their professional careers are encouraged to apply directly to this job posting. In this position, you will be tasked with reviewing, investigating, and adjusting patient claims alongside an interdisciplinary team of professionals.
The base pay range for this position is $20 to $23 per hour. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer. This is a temp to perm role: you will gain access to company benefits, PTO, and more perks once you fully transition.
- Review, investigate, and adjudicate claims
- Investigate, intervene, communicate and follows-up orally or in writing
- Evaluate claims to ensure payments are for the services rendered
- Analyze member’s medical information and coordinate benefits with other carriers
- Monitor and oversee the correct handling of claims appeals
- Contact insurance carriers on unpaid claims and submit corrected claims
- 1+ years of experience working as a medical biller preferred
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- Knowledge of claim appeal processes and guidelines
- Knowledge of NYS IDR appeal process
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel