About the Opportunity
One of the largest, well-known outpatient surgical centers is seeking Endoscopy Technicians to work at its Manhattan location. The facility is state-of-the-art and is affiliated with some of the top hospitals in NYC. The Endoscopy Technician will oversee equipment care and maintenance, provide support to the physician during procedures, manage supply orders and inventory, and aid the Registered Nurse in the admission, recovery, and discharge procedures.
The base pay range for this position is $23 to $29 per hour. The actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based on geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of the offer. This is a true temp-to-perm role; you can gain access to company benefits, paid time off, and more perks once you transition!
- Capable of setting up procedure rooms (excluding medication preparation)
- Perform room cleaning and disinfection between procedures
- Assist patients with bathroom needs
- Follow correct manual scope soaking procedures with high-level disinfectants when necessary
- Effectively use Endoscopic re processors
- Maintain precise supply and equipment inventories
- Ensure stock levels align with Charge Nurse’s agreements
- Assist in the disposal of trash, linen, and bio-hazardous waste at day’s end
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One year of experience working with reprocessing or GI procedures