About the Opportunity
A nationally acclaimed not-for-profit organization known for its dedication to providing social services to low-income vulnerable communities is currently seeking Licensed Practical Nurse Health Educators at its Bronx location. This team of professionals works to empower individuals by offering housing and health services that will ultimately help them get back on their own two feet.
The base pay range for this position is $30 to $34 per hour. The actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based on geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of the offer. This is a temp-to-perm role; you can gain access to company benefits, paid time off, and more!
- Provide residents with one on one and group counseling about their medical condition (HIV/AIDS)
- Assist residents in self-administering medication and maintain records of their medication administration.
- Observe and document vital signs.
- Organize and manage all medical appointments while ensuring timely follow-up.
- Track and manage ongoing/chronic medical conditions, issues, etc.
- Address minor resident needs, including tending to minor injuries
- Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing
- LPN NYS License
- Current CPR Certification
- Prior experience working with individuals who have chronic health conditions
- 3 years related experience