About the Opportunity
A well-established school network based in New Jersey is currently seeking School Psychologists for their West Long Branch locations. This team of professionals works to foster a welcoming learning environment to the students participating in their programs and they are looking for the right candidates to join them in their mission. Psychologists with prior experience providing counseling services to youth/high school level students are encouraged to apply directly to this job posting. Monday through Friday, 7:20 AM – 2:45 PM shift available.
The base pay for this position is $ 42 to $46.45 per hour. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer. This is a temp-to-perm role; you can gain access to company benefits, paid-time off, and more perks once you fully transition!
- Design mental-health intervention and prevention programs
- Implement counseling and educational methods
- Collaborate with educational staff to create coordinated plans
- Evaluate and report on student progress (e.g. using psychometric tests)
- Set learning goals based on each student’s emotional, cognitive, and social strengths
- Refer students to community services if needed
- Research new methods to improve children’s wellbeing (e.g. mindfulness)
- Mentor and support teachers of high-risk children
- Guide parents in facilitating children’s progress
- Master’s degree in School Psychology or similar educational field
- NJ State license to work as a school Psychologist
- Proven experience as a school psychologist in a diverse educational setting
- Knowledge of various methods to prevent or treat health problems/other difficulties