About the Opportunity
Our client is a community non-profit that works to heal homelessness and those living with HIV/AIDS in New York City. They are are seeking Addiction Medicine Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants to provide on-going assessment, monitor treatment progress, document interactions, and maintain clinical records and other reporting data. The NP/PA will coordinate treatment with the counselor, the physician, and external health care providers.
The annual base salary range is $120,000 to $140,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Assesses and establishes a presumptive diagnosis and implements treatment plans for their patient population
- Prescribes, adjusts or discontinues medications or therapies as appropriate
- Makes accurate and complete entries into the electronic medical record; orders and interprets diagnostic testing and consults as appropriate and prescribes appropriate medical therapy utilizing evidenced based practice
- Medication assisted treatment following agency protocols
- NP/PA license in New York required
- A minimum of one year experience treating patients with substance abuse disorders
- Previous experience in mental health setting highly preferred
- Harm reduction experience highly preferred