About the Opportunity
Our client is a nationally acclaimed nonprofit whose main mission is to provide housing, employment and mental & physical health services to those impacted by homelessness. They are seeking an Assistant Healthcare Coordinator (LPN or MSW) who enjoys being creative and is passionate about working with vulnerable populations. This role will allow you to design trainings as well as education models for both the staff and tenant populations. The goal of these trainings will be to reduce unnecessary in-patient hospitalizations as well as emergency room use, provide support to on-site staff on best practice for a variety of healthcare needs, and to provide the tenant with the opportunity to learn how to independently manage their healthcare needs.
This is a great temp-to-perm opportunity with hourly wage range of $30 – $34/hr. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- Develop, and monitor healthcare related metrics within 4 sites
- Review in-patient and ED discharge instructions to create a follow-up care plan for the tenant
- Collaborate with Case Managers to create individual healthcare service plans for tenants, including medical and mental health needs
- Coordinate Vaccination and Flu Clinics within 4 sites
- Assist in planning and executing quarterly events
- Design a program to monitor tenant Health Insurance status.
- Create group trainings for Case Conferences/Team Meetings regarding best practice for both medical and mental health issues
- Consult with staff regarding best practice for substance abuse disorders
- Provide education on trauma informed care as well as harm reduction
- Consult with individual tenants as well as staff regarding healthcare concerns
- Assist with pillboxes and vital signs as needed
- Develop collaborative relationships with healthcare settings to improve the referral process and patient care communications
- LPN or MSW
- 2 years of experience
- Experience with LGBTQ+ populations is preferred
- Candidate must possess superior written and verbal skills
- Candidate must be well-organized and possess multi-tasking skills
- Bilingual Spanish/English is a plus
- Experience working with Veterans is a plus