About the Opportunity
We are partnered with a human services agency that has many locations across New York City and beyond. They are in search of an Assistant Vice President of Revenue Cycle to play an integral part of the administrative, Finance and Revenue Cycle leadership team. The individual in this role will drive accountability and have oversight and management of all functions of the revenue cycle, including management oversight of all business-related functions of the patient visit from point of contact to collection of patient service revenue.
The annual base salary range is $130,000 to $170,000. Actual compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level, among other things. Details about eligibility for bonus compensation (if applicable) will be finalized at the time of offer.
- The development and achievement of annual and periodic goals for significant statistical indicators of revenue cycle performance and for the organization’s overall financial performance
- Develop and implement business development practices and activities across all system facilities that contribute to the organization’s mission and align with its values
- Complete (or contribute to the completion of) various financial forecasts, including cost center salary and direct expense, month-end financial reporting, receivables levels, cost center productivity, and any long-range strategic plans
- Participate in year-end audits with public accounting firms and third-party auditors; mediate and resolve conflicts regarding public accounting firms, third-party auditors, and investigative parties
- Monitor and support daily staff functions in all areas related to the scope of the Vice President’s responsibility, develop a high-performance workforce, lead denial management and access management work teams
- Maintain appropriate internal control safeguards over A/R records and collection of cash; monitor compliance standards for providing accurate information on all health system billings
- Assess and respond to organizational and customer needs with innovative programs to ensure customer satisfaction and implement patient-centric processes
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and directives from regulatory agencies and third-party payers
- Supervise the integrity of financial and clinical interfaces while facilitating the development of strategic system planning
- Organize and manage work to achieve results and track performance so that problems are detected early or to prevent entirely
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience is strongly preferred
- 5-7 years experience in professional fee revenue cycle operations with at least 3 years of management experience is required